View Single Post
Old 06-01-10, 06:51

Having now read all the replies I am flabbergasted Merry....It makes me feel so inadequate...I`ll never be good at this...the one thing I am a little upset about is she died in 1958....I was 7....and I can`t remember her...heard loads and loads about her...and because of the Zipporah name, you obviously remember that name....thank you very very much Merry...Sakespeare st / Hughes St / Otway St are all "under the bridge "streets in Garston...
Martha lived in Clarence Grove OFF Otway St when she married Daniel Oakes..so they were obviously close....my nan Martha died a year before I was born in 1950 so my dad lost his mum before his nan....
NEVER heard of the Mc Namara family ...and don`t know of any in Garston...so My dad was born in 1926 , his elder brother in 1924...so Martha would have had step siblings aged 18 15 and twelve at the time....sorry Merry , but I have to go back to my tree...my dads cousin was named BENTHAM and I have never never found the connection...maybe its thru the Mc Namara line....back soon and thank you so much...you`re a star....allan

Last edited by garstonite; 06-01-10 at 07:01.